Emma's run with WWE is over. As noted earlier, she is among the names that were released on Sunday. Her release is a surprise because she was given more TV time in recent weeks and there were hints that she was going to feud with Paige. Obviously, that will no longer be happening.
WWE's statement: "WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Emma. WWE wishes Emma the best in all of her future endeavors."
On Twitter, Emma reacted to the news. She did not say much but, as you can see below, she indicated that she was heartbroken so the decision to part ways was not hers.
Most fans might not know this but this is actually the second time that she's been released by WWE. In 2014, she was released after being arrested for shoplifting an iPad case at a Wal-Mart. Emma said that she mistakenly walked out with it after using self-checkout. WWE reinstated her later that day.
For those of you that have asked, there are 90-day no-compete clauses in all WWE wrestler contracts so she would not be allowed on TV for another wrestling promotion for 90 days. She could, with WWE's approval, work on independent shows and autograph signings during her 90-day no-compete.
Click here for an updated list of names released by WWE.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Triple H did something really cool for Kevin Owens when he didn’t have to
- WWE NXT star and ROH star are engaged to be married
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair