UPDATE: More Superstars have been released. Click here to read more.
ORIGINAL: WWE has announced that they have come to terms on the release of Emma. Emma lost to Asuka at last weekend’s WWE TLC pay-per-view and then last again to her at Monday Night Raw.
We don’t know what led to her release but we’ll pass along more information when it becomes available.
The 28-year-old began wrestling training in Australia when she was 13 years old. Years later, she moved to Calgary, Canada to train at Lance Storm’s Wrestling Academy before eventually getting signed by WWE in 2011.
Emma was in WWE’s developmental system (FCW and NXT) until finally being brought up to the main roster as a babyface in 2014. There were different incarnations of her character. Initially, she was brought up as a happy babyface that liked to pop bubbles. Earlier this year, there was an idea to give her a makeover a sort of a throwback to some of the Divas from the Attitude Era but that was scrapped and she returned as a serious heel. In recent weeks, she was scripted to talk about how she hasn’t been given opportunities and how she was the one that started the women’s revolution. There was speculation that she would end up feuding with Paige but that is obviously not happening now since she is gone from WWE.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Triple H did something really cool for Kevin Owens when he didn’t have to
- WWE NXT star and ROH star are engaged to be married
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair