As we noted on Monday, Rockstar Spud is the latest name to leave Impact Wrestling. He is the latest in a long list of people that have left the company this year so we speculated that his departure could have been budget-related. However, Spud asked for his release and it looks like he has his next step figured out.
Spud got his start in the wrestling business in Birmingham, England in 2001. In 2002, he appeared on TNA Wrestling's British Boot Camp series that aired on Challenge in the UK. He won the competition and was eventually signed to a contract and has been someone that the company could always rely on for any type of segment (serious, comedy, etc) and he can go in the ring. Spud had not been used much this year since Anthem took over. He would be a great addition to the 205 Live roster so this is a good move by WWE.
There's also been talk of a long-time NXT star moving up to the main roster soon. Click here to read more.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Upcoming Smackdown feuds, next challenger for the WWE Championship
- The Undertaker’s return to WWE is set
- More departures at Impact Wrestling/Anthem
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”