As noted last week, Donovan Dijak is expected in WWE shortly, likely in NXT. It will probably be in September after PWG's Battle Of Los Angeles tournament. Dijak was on WWE's radar back in January and his ROH contract expired in February but WWE waited a few months to sign him because of legal threats from ROH about contract tampering.
Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly were also names that WWE had wanted months ago and they have finally started up with NXT in the last couple of weeks. Current IWGP Tag Team Champions War Machine are expected to go to WWE but they are considered to be in a "career holding pattern" and have continued to work for ROH and New Japan Pro Wrestling.
For those of you that have asked, Adam Cole is on his way, according to the latest Wrestling Observer newsletter. NXT TV is already taped up until the NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III show so, my guess is that he would be part of the September NXT taping. He is still booked for independent shows. Last weekend, he worked for IWC Wrestling and he is booked for WrestleCircus on August 5th.
Did you miss out on some of the top WWE news stories from the past 24 hours? Catch up now by clicking on some of the links below:
- There could be some WWE roster changes coming after SummerSlam
- WWE PC sings “happy birthday” to Triple H, WWE star mocks GFW pay, Nakamura leaving? + more
- Is a top WWE star already planning on leaving?
- New Look Planned For Top Global Force Wrestling Star
- Braun Strowman berated by a GFW executive at a bar in Nashville
- WWE gives an update on Renee Young’s status