Former WCW/TNA announcer Mike Tenay is not retired from professional wrestling, despite previous reports indicating otherwise.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Tenay is not actively pursuing a job in wrestling but he’s had offers that he hasn’t accepted and he doesn’t consider himself retired from wrestling.
Tenay said that he might consider returning to announcing at some point in the future and he is open to listening to offers. I don’t see WWE offering him a spot because they tend to go for younger faces and Vince McMahon would consider him too old for TV but Impact Wrestling needs someone. The issue is that they might not be able to meet his price.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WrestleMania could be losing a big match this year
- WWE news on if Roman Reigns is really in trouble for what he said on Raw about Brock Lesnar
- Sheamus shows off gnarly picture of his war wounds after Raw
- WATCH: The Miz wasn’t happy at all after Raw this week
- SPOILER: Asuka might not face Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!