Global Force Wrestling continues to stock up on more top names from the independent scene and former WWE Superstars as they continue to work on rebuilding their brand. However, one star has announced that he has parted ways with them.
Former TNA and GFW World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis (Magnus) has finished up with the promotion. He was offered a longer deal but turned it down and only agreed to return for a set of tapings so he could drop the GFW Championship to Alberto El Patron. The door is open for him to sign a full-time deal with GFW if he changes his mind.
Aldis, 30, lives in Orlando with his wife Mickie James so it would not shock me if WWE offered him a tryout. He certainly has the look and in-ring presence that WWE is looking for and he's a very good worker so it kind of shocks me that he hasn't been offered a deal since he became a free agent last year.
Aldis was a multi-time champion in TNA during his time with the company. In addition to being a former TNA World Heavyweight Champion, he's also a 2-time World Tag Team Champion and the first-ever GFW Global Championship, a title won back in 2015 during the GFW AMPED TV tapings that were meant to be a pilot for TV networks.
- The latest on a potential Cris Cyborg vs. Becky Lynch match
- Paige could be fired from WWE because of those possible battery charges
- It turns out Jason Jordan didn’t even know he was Kurt Angle’s son
- Update on possible mystery opponents for Breezango at Battleground
- Karen Jarrett confirms talks between GFW and a former WWE World Champion?