Rosa Mendes is on the comeback trail after announcing plans to leave the wrestling business a year ago after giving birth. Mendes is training at Maryland Championship Wrestling’s training center in Joppa, MD.
Mendes was actually one of the longest-tenured women on the roster until she left the company last February. She was discovered during the 2006 Diva Search competition and was brought up to the main roster as Beth Phoenix’s intern alongside Santino Marella.
During her time in WWE she was primarily used as the manager for wrestlers like Beth Phoenix, Fandango, Primo & Epico, among others but she also wrestled some matches. The one criticism of her was that she had not improved much despite being with the company for a decade. Mendes was also part of the main cast on Total Divas from 2011 to 2013.
— MCW Pro Wrestling (@MCWWrestling) March 2, 2018
Mendes follows Celeste Bonin (aka Kaitlyn) as the latest woman looking to return to the ring.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
- Why Renee Young missed Raw this week
- Jonathan Coachman named in sexual harassment lawsuit
- WWE has plans for dual-branded Money In The Bank matches
- Current WWE Superstar responds to question about joining the Bullet Club
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!