Skip to main content

Former WWE star says incident with Edge and Randy Orton led to her leaving the company



Former WWE star Amy Weber uploaded a video on her YouTube channel where she addresses some rumors about her time in WWE. Weber was signed by the company after the 2004 Diva Search and there have been stories floating around for years about an incident with Randy Orton that may have led to her exit from the company.

She said she learned a lot about herself while she was in WWE and there were some fun moments. She named JBL, Big Show and Eddie Guerrero as some of her favorite wrestlers and said they were nice to her. She said the travel and the fans were the best part of her time in WWE.

She talked about the time when some of the wrestlers saw a flyer at a Japanese strip club with her image on it. She said the photo was stolen from a photoshoot she did years prior but the wrestlers tried to make it seem like she worked at the strip club.

She said, "of course they were ribbing me. At the end of the day, JBL was like a big brother to me. The guys were awesome. They turned it into a bit and I let it go. In the industry, people are going to steal your photos."

She said she sued the club and she won and they had to stop using her stolen photo. Then she addressed her departure from WWE. She said she was training behind-the-scenes to wrestle. She said during one of the practice sessions she thought that she might have cracked her tailbone.

Scroll to Continue

Recommended Articles

Weber said, "the trainer told me to go into the men's locker room and to grab two ibuprofen and some ice. So when I was on the plane on the way back to Alaska, we had more matches there and more TV to tape. I was laying across three seats. We were all sleeping and I'm going to ahead and call people out. Randy Orton decided to come up behind my chair and he slammed into it like a linebacker so hard that I landed on the floor behind the airplane and then he said, 'you're gonna learn b*tch.' I didn't understand what he was talking about. So I turned around and went back to sleep."

"I was awoken by someone pouring a drink in my face. So immediately I popped up, I looked up and I saw Edge with a partially drank drink in his hand. It was the same color that was basically all over me. So I stood up on the airplane seat and I was eye to eye with him and I said, 'do you have a problem with me?' and he goes, 'what are you talking about?' Of course, he denied it, the drink was in his hand. I said, 'come on you want to fight me? let's go you want to be a man, go ahead let's go, fight me. You wanna pour a drink on me?' And he kept denying it, but I know he did it. I saw the cup in his hand."

"At the end of the day, did I deserve it because I took two ibuprofen that the trainer told me to take and some ice from the guy's locker room? I don't think so. Just as a human just don't do that to people. I didn't think I was better than anybody else but I did feel like I was deserving of respect because that's what I gave to every other wrestler in that entire company."

She says when she got to Alaska and she saw Shane McMahon and that is when she was done with the company and she booked a flight to go home. She also said that Vince McMahon wanted to own her name and she didn't want to give it up.

She also talked about the real-life heat on Carmella DeCesare, the call she got from Vince McMahon to work for WWE, what she's been doing since that time in music and entertainment, her real estate business and more.

If you use any portion of the quotes from this article please credit Amy Weber with a h/t to for the transcription