Jack Swagger (real name Jake Hager) announced on Monday afternoon that he has signed with Bellator MMA. The news broke on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour show.
Swagger had been under contract with WWE since 2006 in their developmental system. He was brought up to the main roster in 2008 as part of WWE's ECW revival and was thought to be a future top star. He was given a big push in 2009 and won the World Championship but the start and stop pushes derailed his WWE run.
Swagger requested, and was granted, his release from WWE back in March of this year and there has been talk for at least a year that he would try his hand at MMA.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Ultimate Warrior’s brother not happy with Dana Warrior, says Warrior was broke before his death
- Edge responsible for bringing this former Impact Wrestling star to the WWE
- Backstage news on what was originally planned for AJ Styles on Smackdown Live
- Former X-Division Champion’s WWE debut coming very soon
- Paige and Alberto El Patron apparently broke up weeks ago