During the last few weeks, several readers have asked us about the changes to Jinder Mahal’s physique. A couple of months ago, we said that Mahal was wearing Kinesio tape at the non-televised events and it was likely that he was dealing with an injury. Mahal later denied that he was injured but it was clear that something was up with him because he appeared to be losing muscle mass. Although he had previously denied the injury rumors, Jinder Mahal recently confirmed (see below) that he has been dealing with a torn labrum.
He said that he was holding onto the rope during a match and he noticed that he pulled something. He said that he wrestled the next night in Japan against Shinsuke Nakamura and he’s been rehabbing on his own. The timeframe of the injury would have been in mid-September, which is when we first started to notice that he was wearing Kinesio tape at the live events.
Mahal said that he has had to cut down on the number of weights he uses in the gym, which would explain why he’s dropped so much muscle in the last couple of months.
Mahal talks about his injury and workouts in the video below:
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WATCH: WWE Superstar takes a flying water bottle to the face on live TV
- Top WWE star will be taking time off soon
- Major surprise name believed to be involved in Women’s Royal Rumble
- WWE Hall Of Famer teases return in the women’s Royal Rumble match
- SPOILER: The first 5 members of the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame