The injury to Sin Cara’s knee on Sunday looked pretty serious and there was fear that he could be out of action for an extended period of time. Thankfully, he will not miss any significant time from the ring. As first reported by Dave Meltzer, he was cleared on Tuesday morning prior to the live event in Lisbon, Portugal but did not wrestle on the show, likely as an extra precaution.
Sin Cara sent out a message on Twitter apologizing to the fans for not being able to appear but said that he hopes to see them soon.
For those of you that missed it, he was injured in a United States Championship Triple Threat Match with Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin at the live event in Madrid, Spain. Referee Charles Robinson immediately called for the finish once he realized that Sin Cara was hurt. You can click here if you want to see photos and the video of the injury.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former Women’s Champion is ready to return to WWE for a match with Charlotte Flair
- Chris Jericho reveals why WWE declined his offer to use NXT talent on his cruise
- Tension between WWE and Chris Jericho?
- Roman Reigns might not be back in time for Survivor Series
- What’s up with Chris Jericho and WWE and why is he working for New Japan Pro Wrestling?