WWE has posted bonus footage from the WWE Network of Baron Corbin attacking Shinsuke Nakamura after his victory over John Cena after this week’s episode of Smackdown Live went off the air. Cena ran back into the ring to help Nakamura. In the end, Cena ended up hitting Corbin with an AA through the announcer’s table.
In the video below, you will notice that Cena put his arm over his shoulder and was clearly hurting from the exploder suplex he took during his match. Hopefully, he is not seriously injured but Nakamura apologized to him after the match (scroll down further to see the apology) for dropping him hard on the back of his head and neck.
— WWE (@WWE) August 2, 2017
— Kim (@kimberlasskick) August 2, 2017
Here is the clip of Nakamura apologizing to Cena. This happened during the Smackdown Live broadcast on USA:
— CLE's Mephistopheles (@The_Renegade_JW) August 2, 2017
Nakamura will challenge Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam.
UPDATE: Another top WWE Superstar has been injured. Click here for more details.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the last 48 hours by clicking on the links below:
- Championship contender for SummerSlam possibly injured on Raw
- Enzo Amore backstage heat stories confirmed, are his days in WWE numbered?
- WATCH: Matt Hardy says “it’s happening” and makes huge Broken reference
- CM Punk fighting again this year?
- Chris Jericho issues apology after verbal confrontation in New York City