As reported, James Ellsworth has been released from WWE after a year on the main roster. Starting off as a mere enhancement talent to Braun Strowman on Raw, his unique look garnered a following that built an interest to bring him back. He would then become a member of the SmackDown Live roster, even defeating WWE Champion AJ Styles. Over the past couple of weeks, the women’s roster has been gang attacking him to oblivion, which was a way to write off his character.
Ellsworth commented on his release, thanking WWE for the opportunity.
— James Ellsworth (@realellsworth) November 15, 2017
Ellsworth also received support from current and former WWE talent.
— Mojo Rawley (@MojoRawleyWWE) November 15, 2017
— Zack Ryder (@ZackRyder) November 15, 2017
Inside and outside the ring @realellsworth is a good guy and great asset to any show. Good luck amigo, you're going to be just fine!
— Lince Dorado (@LuchadorLD) November 15, 2017
— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) November 15, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017
- WWE changed plans for Paige’s surprise Raw return
- Ultimate Warrior’s brother not happy with Dana Warrior, says Warrior was broke before his death
- Edge responsible for bringing this former Impact Wrestling star to the WWE