WWE has announced the release of James Ellsworth. His release was expected by many within the company after he was written out of storylines when he lost to Becky Lynch and then beaten up by other women on the roster.
Ellsworth signed a one year deal and the company simply chose not to renew his deal. Ellsworth was not featured on this week's episode of Smackdown Live. His final dates with the company were on the European tour where he was basically destroyed every night by the women on the roster.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017
- WWE changed plans for Paige’s surprise Raw return
- Ultimate Warrior’s brother not happy with Dana Warrior, says Warrior was broke before his death
- Edge responsible for bringing this former Impact Wrestling star to the WWE