On Sunday’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer followed up on the story he reported on Wednesday about Jason Jordan. Meltzer said that Jordan is supposed to get a spot in the Men’s Elimination Chamber match. However, as noted a few days ago, he is dealing with an injury. At first, it was believed that it was a back issue but it turns out that it’s much worse than that.
Meltzer said that “he’s having trouble gripping with his hands. His neck is in real bad shape.” He added, “it sounds like Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit, all those guys before they had surgery. That surgery [requires at least] a year off and I’m sure he’s doing everything in his power to avoid that surgery. I’m not saying he needs it but when your grip goes…Edge had the same thing. Edge couldn’t lift a dumbbell.” Meltzer noted that Edge was out for a long time and neck surgery could mean that he would be out for 12-14 months.
Meltzer added, “For better or for worse, he’s in the mix as a single [star]. I’m sure he just wants to be there and try to figure a way through it but this is a tough situation for him. I don’t know who the sixth guy will be but Jordan was planned to be the sixth guy and most likely Jordan and Rollins, the way everything was being built, was probably going to be a WrestleMania match. I don’t know how this works out.”
WWE is doing they can to protect him. He hasn’t wrestled in a singles match since the January 1st episode of Monday Night Raw. Since then, he’s only wrestled 6 times and they’ve all been in tag team matches where he is not taking neck bumps.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below: