UPDATE: Click here for the response from David Otunga’s attorney.
ORIGINAL: The 10+ year relationship between Jennifer Hudson and WWE announcer David Otunga is over, according to PEOPLE.com.
A rep for Hudson told PEOPLE that they have been in the process of ending the relationship for months. “Today, Jennifer requested and received a protective order against her ex-fiancé. Jennifer’s actions are solely taken in the best interest of their son,” the statement concluded.
Otunga proposed to Hudson in 2007 and then welcomed their first and only child David Daniel Otunga Jr in 2009. Otunga has been under a WWE contract since 2009. His in-ring days ended in 2015 but he was kept as part of the broadcast team, primarily as part of pay-per-view pre-shows. In April, it was announced that he would be taking six weeks off from his broadcast duties from Monday Night Raw because of his acting schedule and Booker T was named as his temporary replacement. Otunga has since appeared on PPV pre-shows but has yet to return to Raw.
As of this writing, there has not been a statement issued by Otunga or his rep.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former WWE star has found a unique job outside of the wrestling business
- SmackDown Live could get an unprecedented heel turn soon
- Former WWE star says he is clean and sober after completing rehab
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017