Skip to main content

Jerry Lawler provides more details that suggest Brian Christopher did not hang himself

Jerry Lawler

Jerry Lawler

WMC-TV's Action News in Memphis ran a follow-up story on the death of Brian Christopher Lawler. The story includes an interview with Jerry Lawler and his attorney Ted Hansom.

Lawler says that he has spoken to several people who were around his son before his death and there are serious doubts as to whether he really committed suicide. Lawler says that shoelaces were used on Brian's neck but photos show that the shoelace marks were only visible on the sides of his neck and not on the front, which could indicate that Brian had his hands there in an effort to keep the pressure off his throat.

"We've received literally countless calls, text messages from people, actual eyewitnesses, that were in the jail and saw things that happened on the actual day that Brian died that now has opened up a new can of worms," Lawler said. "It just doesn't seem like it was suicide."

Scroll to Continue

Recommended Articles

"I think the pictures indicate something other than someone hanging himself with a shoelace," Hansom said.

Lawler also said that he spoke with Brian on the phone just hours before his death and Brian sounded "perfectly rational" and "talked perfectly normal." Brian was supposedly in solitary confinement because of his celebrity status. Lawler says that his fiancee Lauren received a phone call around 2 pm, just hours before he allegedly hanged himself, informing her that Brian was involved in a fight with another inmate.

Lawler says that Brian asked for medical attention after the incident because he was bleeding from his head but he apparently did not receive it. Hours later is when he was found in his cell.

Brian was pronounced brain dead when he was rushed to the hospital and then pronounced brain dead on Sunday, July 30 after Jerry Lawler arrived to say goodbye. Cameras in the jail could help clear everything up but the report states that the 20 cameras in the jail were not working.

Obviously, there is more to this story and it would not surprise me if a lawsuit is filed. "It just doesn't pass the smell test," Lawler said about the whole situation. The Tennesse Bureau of Investigation is investigating the matter and no official statements are expected until the investigation is complete.