Jey Uso was my guest on the Turnbuckle Weekly with Chuck Carroll. He was on to promote WWE’s Live Event this Saturday at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va.
You can listen to the interview on the CBS Radio website in Washington, D.C. http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/12/05/jey-uso-reveals-how-wwe-tells-wrestlers-theyre-winning-a-title/
We covered a ton of ground, including how casually WWE tells wrestlers they’re going to win or lose a title.
He also addressed Vince McMahon’s comment on Stone Cold’s podcast about the current locker room lacking ambition.
“I know he wouldn’t say something without any meaning behind it. I feel like he was just trying to light a fire under the locker room. He wants guys to go out there and grab that brass ring, step out on a limb, and go out there and get it. I feel like some of the guys, including myself… when me and my brother first came it is kind of like walking on egg shells. We don’t want to mess up because we’re new guys. We’re young we don’t know what to do.
As far as ambition, I feel like we do have a good crew. It’s going to take time. It’s going to take some years to get used to this thing. But as soon as we got our feet deep in the ground and our claws deep in the dirt, we’re going to be ok. I love my group of guys. I love my locker room. If you look at it we have some great talent in there. It is going to take time. It’s going to take time. That’s all I can say about it.”
It’s a solid interview with a ton of backstage insight.
Here’s everything we covered:
– Flight delays and missing shows
– Putting on ring makeup while driving
– How you’re told you’re winning a title
– How you’re told you’re losing a title
– Staying popular even without the gold
– Damien Mizdow: Turning chicken (poop) into chicken salad
– Vince McMahon’s locker room has less ambition comment
– WWE embracing dirt sheets and online wrestling community
– How wrestlers approach house show vs. Raw and Smackdown
– Streaming house shows on WWE Network
– Roman Reigns is more of a brother than a cousin
– Signing with WWE on same day Umaga died
– Responding to brother’s wish to wrestle him at WrestleMania
The full interview can be heard on the CBS Radio website in Washington, D.C.:http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/12/05/jey-uso-reveals-how-wwe-tells-wrestlers-theyre-winning-a-title/