There is apparently more to the stories of backstage heat with Baron Corbin and it turns out that John Cena was the person who made the decision that Corbin was “not ready” to be in the mix as a headliner. Sports Illustrated’s Justin Barrasso was able to get some details on what happened.
“I heard the kiss of death was Cena,” Barrasso said on the Wrestling Inc. podcast. He added, “[Cena said] that Corbin wasn’t ready. I can’t say anymore right now, that’s kind of what I’m trying to work on as we speak.”
There were issues before Cena. As noted earlier, Corbin’s Twitter exchange with a WWE Superstar and a military veteran (click here to see what Corbin said) did not do him any favors. He is lucky that Vince McMahon sees him as a big star and it looks like he will be slotted as AJ Styles next opponent for the U.S. title.
Does this story sound familiar? If not, then click here to read a story on how Cena allegedly killed off a storyline with another WWE Superstar.
Catch up on some of the trending WWE News items by clicking below:
- Good news on WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair
- Backstage WWE news that could make fans of The New Day very happy
- Reason why Lana and Rusev were separated on WWE TV
- Everyone was mad at Enzo Amore before he was moved to the cruiserweight division
- Rusev tweet has fans worried about his WWE status