As we noted on Friday, Kevin Owens had to leave the current WWE tour in South America and he has flown home. Owens took to Twitter to clear up rumors on his status. He noted that he is not sick or hurt and his family needed him home. He then thanked the fans in Argentina and Chile for their understanding and support.
I’m not sick. I’m not hurt. My family needed me home. Thank you to @WWE & the fans in Argentina & Chile for their support and understanding.
— Kevin Owens (@FightOwensFight) October 21, 2017
The rumors on Owens potentially being sick flared up on social media after word got out on Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, and Bo Dallas being ill with viral meningitis. AJ Styles was dealing with a stomach illness on Thursday but he is doing ok now.
Just to clear everything up on the various rumors going around. Here is the status on names that have disappeared from WWE shows in the last couple of weeks:
– Neville: quit and is not expected to return.
– Nia Jax: she asked for time off to recharge and will be back for the European tour in early November.
– Bray Wyatt: out with an illness, believed to be viral meningitis
– Bo Dallas: out with an illness, believed to be viral meningitis
– Roman Reigns: out with an illness, believed to be viral meningitis
– Kevin Owens: not sick or injured, dealing with family issue
– Tom Philips: was off WWE TV because he got married last weekend
– JoJo: not believed to be ill but pulled off the road for precautionary reasons. She is dating Bray Wyatt.
Whatever the issues are with Owens and his family, we wish them well.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- WWE is making big changes to Monday Night Raw
- More details on Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt TLC switch-up situation
- Is Kurt Angle going to wrestle more now that he’s cleared to compete?
- WWE statement on medical issues affecting three Superstars
- One of the best wrestlers in the world is much closer to signing with WWE