Connect with us

Photo Credit: WWE


WWE News

Kofi Kingston injured, Big E set to begin singles run

Big E is about to embark on a singles run.

This week on WWE Friday Night SmackDown, Kofi Kingston was shown coming out of the trainer’s office and he said that he would be out of action for about 6 weeks.

Kingston gave his blessing and encouraged Big E to go out as a singles wrestler and prove to the world what he can do on his own.

Last week on D-Von Dudley’s “Table Talk” podcast, Big E said the following after he was asked about possibly breaking up The New Day so he could get a singles run:

“As cool as the singular moment of us breaking up might be for some, tell me besides the Shield, it is very rare will all three benefit. I don’t foresee us breaking up and then a year from now, Woods is on a roll, Kofi is on a roll, and I’m on a roll at the same time. It’s not really going to happen. The chances are very slim because we are not booked in that way. I feel like we are still contributing to the show in a meaningful way. I feel we do stuff that is memorable and impactful. Sure, there are a myriad of things I would like to do that would be dynamic and interesting, but you have to do the best you can with what you are given. That has always been our goal. You give us this amount of minutes on TV, this is our segment, this is our promo. Whatever it is, let me make this the best I can and do the best I can with what I’m given. I truly feel the three of us, I know Woods has been out a little bit with his injury, but I feel like the three of us still have something special. We talk about brotherhood, and I get it can be a gimmick, but it’s genuine and it’s real. We formed a very real bond. A lot of that was forged through the fact that the beginning was so difficult. The first 6 to 9 months of trying to get this faction off the ground was very rocky. There were so many times it was almost dead in the water and we really forged a bond when we were told no. When someone put a wall up in front of us, we really grew because the three of us decided we were going all in on this group. All our chips are in on this. This has to work and we are not going to be denied. Just put us on TV. Even though we had the vignettes that a lot of people didn’t care for, and trust me, there was a lot of stuff we didn’t like about it either, but it was an opportunity. It was TV time so we said this might suck right now, but we are going to do our best to make it work. I still feel like as much as I know there are other things we could do that would be interesting and fun and dynamic, I still feel like we offer so much more value as a trio right now than we would if they would break us up and we go our separate ways.”






Comments

More in WWE News

Get free breaking wrestling news delivered to your email.





Follow WrestlingNewsCo

Follow WrestlingNews.co on Facebook

Follow WrestlingNews.co on Instagram

Follow WrestlingNews.co on Twitter

Subscribe to WrestlingNews.co on YouTube




Trending

To Top