Kurt Angle is a proud papa and he appears to be supporting his newly-announced son Jason Jordan’s career however he can. Kurt booked Jordan’s first match on Raw as a singles competitor against Curt Hawkins and when Jason won, his birth-father’s excitement couldn’t be contained.
Before the match took place both Angle and Jordan were interviewed separately and said they had butterflies over the contest. But fans ended up seeing Jason Jordan go over in strong fashion nonetheless.
Since the big reveal took place last week on Raw there have been differing opinions on whether or not this story is working. But Dave Meltzer recently noted on Wrestling Observer Radio although the fans might not be buying Angle’s new angle, The Olympic Hero is certainly giving it all he can in the acting department.
“I think that this story line so far, I think that the people are completely not buying this story line at all” Meltzer said. “But I think Kurt is doing the best job possible with the material and Kurt as an actor here — I think he’s doing a hell of a job.”
Kurt Angle said on Raw he will provide Jason Jordan with the opportunities, but it’s Jason’s job to seize the moment. We’ll have to wait and see how long WWE is going to let this one ride before they add more to the story. But for now, WWE and Kurt Angle are doing their best to make it work.
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- AJ Styles was supposed to win his match against Kevin Owens at WWE Battleground
- Update on possible SummerSlam plans for The Great Khali
- WATCH: AJ Styles throws out first pitch at Phillies baseball game
- Two Japanese pro wrestlers involved in stabbing incident
- WATCH: Roman Reigns is back to putting Braun Strowman through a table
- Alberto El Patron reportedly no longer suspect in domestic violence investigation
- John Cena knows his days in WWE are numbered, wanted to be free agent
- Paige could be fired from WWE because of those possible battery charges
- Alberto El Patron stepping down from Combate Americas amidst recent controversy
- UFC’s Jeff Novitzky shoots down reports on Brock Lesnar re-entering USADA testing pool
- Update on possible mystery opponents for Breezango at Battleground