Earlier we noted that Lio Rush had heat on him for joking about Emma's release. Other wrestlers (including some current WWE stars have also chimed in and they're not happy about what Rush said).
Check out some of the tweets below:
Rush has issued an apology. He said (typos and poor grammer included), "At the end of the day, there's a certain level of respect within professional wrestlers in sports & ENTERTAINMENT industry that is noted within peers. With that being said , Emma I respect you and everything that you've done for our business . It saddens me that the " controversial tweet " got completely blown out of proportion and looked at in a very insensitive way . As a family man with a 4 year of son and expecting anohter , I would never laugh or mock the fact of someone loosing there job because of how it can affect self person and there families. Whatever the situation may be regarding the release . You're an amazing performer and respected athlete by yours truly and I'm sure you will excel beyond expections . To my fans who may have seen this as inappropriate as well as Emma's fans , I apologize and I love you ALL regardless of the responses. On Behalf of myself and the WWE Goodluck !"
Click here to see Rush's original (now-deleted) tweet that got him in hot water.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Triple H did something really cool for Kevin Owens when he didn’t have to
- WWE NXT star and ROH star are engaged to be married
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair