There seems to be a renewed focus on the cruiserweight division in recent weeks since Neville’s departure. Love him or hate him, the reason why Enzo Amore is being featured so much is because of his ability to get fans to hate him and the hope is that his star power can rub off on some of the other wrestlers in the division.
There are more names expected to be added to the cruiserweight division/205 Live and one of them is a long-time NXT star. PWInsider reports that Hideo Itami has been discussed several times of late for the division. There is no debut date set for him but it should happen once creative has a plan in place. So I guess that is why we haven’t seen him much on NXT TV in recent weeks. That also should end any rumors about him wanting to leave WWE so he could move back to Japan. Itami has been under a WWE contract since 2014.
As noted earlier, WWE is interested in signing a former Impact Wrestling star and he could also wind up as part of the cruiserweight division and 205 Live. Click here to read more.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Upcoming Smackdown feuds, next challenger for the WWE Championship
- The Undertaker’s return to WWE is set
- More departures at Impact Wrestling/Anthem
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”