WWE announced the following today:
STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE today announced the launch of Superstars for Hope, a fundraising campaign on Indiegogo, the world’s largest crowdfunding platform, to benefit Special Olympics and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford in honor of Connor’s Cure. The announcement was made exclusively on Twitter by WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan and WWE Superstar John Cena. To kick off Superstars for Hope, WWE and the San Francisco 49ers Foundation have each donated $25,000, the first in a series of community outreach initiatives in celebration of WrestleMania 31 at Levi’s® Stadium in Santa Clara on Sunday, March 29.
Beginning today, supporters can donate at SuperstarsforHope.com and receive unique WWE merchandise, autographs, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences from WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends. Each week, WWE will add new exclusive experiences to the campaign, including:
- A tour of WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.
- Backstage access to Monday Night Raw or SmackDown
- VIP package to WWE pay-per-view events
- Lunch with WWE Superstar Triple H® at the WWE Performance Center
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship replica title signed by WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H
- An ultimate WrestleMania 32 package
- Lunch with the cast of the hit E! reality show “Total Divas”
“WWE’s support of Special Olympics gives us a unique platform from which to reach, educate and welcome countless new fans and athletes to our movement. The important work we do around the world to create communities of acceptance and respect for all will only be successful when the world heeds our call to Play Unified in order to Live Unified,” said Janet Froetscher, CEO, Special Olympics.
“Every day at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, our doctors, staff, and researchers strive to ensure the best possible care for children with cancer. WWE has been a strong advocate of pediatric cancer research and we’re pleased to support the important mission of Connor’s Cure,” said Christopher G. Dawes, president and CEO of Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford.
“WWE is dedicated to using the power of our brand to give back to the community in as many ways as we can. I am proud that this year’s Superstars for Hope campaign will support two worthwhile causes, Special Olympics celebrating acceptance and inclusion, and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford in honor of Connor’s Cure in an effort to find a cure for pediatric cancer,” said Stephanie McMahon, WWE Chief Brand Officer.
“The 49ers Foundation is proud to be partnering with WWE to further our commitment to making an impact on and off the field,” said John York, Chairman/Co-Owner of the San Francisco 49ers. “Special Olympics and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford provide much needed resources for superstars in our community — athletes with intellectual disabilities and children fighting life-threatening and life-limiting illness. It is an honor to join with WWE to support them through the Superstars for Hope campaign.”
In support of Superstars for Hope, celebrities and athletes are serving as official social media ambassadors to help raise funds and awareness. Ambassadors include San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, journalist Joan Lunden, journalist and Yahoo! global news anchor Katie Couric, multi-platinum recording artist and actress Jordin Sparks and actor Kellan Lutz.
Fans can click here now through Tuesday, March 31 to participate and use the hashtag #STARS4HOPE when donating.
Each week, WWE will be adding four new perks to the Superstars For Hope campaign.
WEEK 1 – EXCLUSIVE PERKS
- $10,000: WWE TITLE SIGNED BY VINCE MCMAHON & THE AUTHORITY By donating $10,000, you will receive a WWE World Heavyweight Championship replica title signed by Vince McMahon and The Authority (Stephanie McMahon and Triple H).
- $15,000: LUNCH WITH TRIPLE H AT WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER By donating $15,000, you will be treated to lunch with Triple H at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla. After receiving an exclusive tour of the WWE Performance Center, you and a guest will enjoy a live NXT taping at Full Sail University.
- $15,000: BACKSTAGE TOUR OF WWE LIVE EVENT FROM ROMAN REIGNS By donating $15,000, you will receive an exclusive backstage tour of a WWE Live Event from WWE Superstar Roman Reigns. Additionally, you will receive four premium tickets to this event.
- $20,000 WRESTLEMANIA 31 PREMIERE PACKAGE By donating $20,000, you will receive one suite for 10 people to WrestleMania 31 at Levi’s® Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. Following a private lunch with a WWE Legend, you will be treated to a backstage tour of WrestleMania with WWE Superstars or Divas. This package also includes autographed WrestleMania merchandise.