Despite recent reports saying that Mark Henry has retired from the ring and despite comments made by Henry last October at the New York City premiere of ESPN’s “30 For 30” documentary on Ric Flair, Mark Henry says that he is not retired.
During an interview with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Henry said that he has more left in the tank. “I am not retired,” Henry said in response to the recent reports. “There is still a lot I can do.”
Henry said that he loves WWE but he has two kids that want him to be home. “They want me to see their recitals and sporting events, and I want to see them grow and evolve. My dad didn’t live with me when I was growing up, and he missed so much. I am not going to repeat that.”
So it sounds like Henry is done as a full-time performer but we could see him for special appearances and an occasional match. Henry hasn’t appeared in a match since the Andre The Giant battle royal at last year’s WrestleMania. He only wrestled 3 matches in 2017 but he remains under contract and he’s been used as a company ambassador at special events.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show