Jeff Hardy’s recent arrest for DWI came at a time when he seemed to be on the verge of a comeback to the ring from injury and new details concerning the case give us a much better picture about what went down.
According to the police statement, Hardy “ran off the roadway to the right, in turn striking about 105 feet of guardrail before the back end of the car spun out 90 degrees to the left, coming to rest in the middle of the right N bound lane of travel.”
According to TMZ, Hardy blew a .25 on his field sobriety test which is more than 2.5 the legal limit.
WWE has issued a statement on the incident saying, “Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions. We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.”
Let’s hope this doesn’t snowball into a much bigger issue because it’s bad enough already.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show