Connect with us

Photo Credit: WWE


WWE News

Most of the production people in WWE do not want to go to Saudi Arabia

It looks like the backlash against WWE is getting worse. On Monday, Sports Illustrated reported that wrestlers were not thrilled about going to Saudi Arabia. This follows what Bryan Alvarez reported last week on Wrestling Observer Live.

Dave Meltzer followed up with an update on Tuesday’s Wrestling Observer Radio. “I heard most of the production people didn’t want to go. Basically, what I heard is the majority of the people in the company are very much against doing the show but everyone in management, for the most part, is for it because they’re afraid that it will hurt the stock price and that’s a real big deal right now.”

Meltzer added, “one of the reasons why the stock is so high is because [WWE is expecting] $450 million over the next 10 years [from Saudi Arabia].”

The news got worse today when CNN reported that a Turkish official confirmed to them that Washington Post reporter Jamal Khashoggi was cut into pieces. This claim came after Turkish officials searched the Saudi consulate for nine hours on Monday night.

On Monday Night Raw, there were no references to Saudi Arabia on the show after announcers were told only to mention the date and time of the show. WWE says they are “monitoring” the situation but internally they are moving forward as if the show will go on as scheduled in Saudi Arabia.

WWE has a stock investor meeting this month so it will be interesting to see if anyone brings up Saudi Arabia.


Got a news tip? Send us an email at newstips@wrestlingnews.co
Follow us on FacebookInstagram - Twitter





Comments
To Top