If you skipped this week’s episode of WWE Smackdown Live then you missed the finals for the United States Championship tournament. Yes, you read that correctly. The match that was originally scheduled to take place at the Royal Rumble got bumped to next week on WWE.com but, during this week’s Smackdown Live, Daniel Bryan decided that he didn’t want to wait until next week.
The semi-finals took place early in the show. Jinder Mahal advanced after defeating Xavier Woods and Bobby Roode advanced by beating Mojo Rawley. Roode didn’t want to wait until next week but Mahal didn’t want to hear it and was about to talk away. That is when Bryan came out and made the decision to move the finals up to this week’s show.
Roode won the championship after hitting the Glorious DDT. Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon presented him the title after the match.
In other Smackdown Live news, The Usos appeared on the show in a backstage segment. They were beat up by Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin. Something tells me that The Usos will be dropping the Smackdown Tag Team Championships soon. For those of you that missed it, click here to read about Jey Usos’s arrest and click here to read WWE’s statement on the matter.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show