Simmons asked about the WWE Board shake-up and Vince bringing back Michelle Wilson and George Barrios.
"They know the company and they're insiders," Khan said. "There's a shorthand with them. So I think as he engages in this, you know, potential transaction to have folks there that know the company, that know hey maybe certain things that happened in the past shouldn't have happened or in a modern day point of reference culture, which I always try to look at these things from that hey, certain things that were acceptable years ago aren't acceptable now. I think over time you can evolve with these things and the modern day rules should apply to modern day. I don't think it should apply to the past."
At a different time during the interview, Bill Simmons asked about the potential Rita Chatterton lawsuit against Vince.
Simmons said, "We should mention the Rita Chatterton possible lawsuit, or it is a lawsuit or Vince has to deal with that? Do you feel like suitors are going to wait to see how that plays out and how bad that's going to be? And is there going to be more details like that coming out? Or are they just plowing ahead?"
"I think everyone's just plowing ahead," Nick Khan said. "You just move forward, right? Because in all of these businesses, there's never a clean, clear path. There's always some incumbrance something in the way, some hurdle in the way that you have to get around or get through. So I see that, like I would any other item like it."
For context, here is a list of things Vince McMahon has been accused of:
- In 1992, former WWE referee Rita Chatterton accused Vince McMahon of rape in 1986. The story has been corroborated by former wrestler Mario Mancini.
- In 2005, McMahon allegedly coerced a female talent to give him oral sex. She stated that she declined later advances from him and she ended up getting a demotion and let go from her contract. An agreement was reached in 2018 for the wrestler to receive $7.5 million for her silence.
- In 2006, McMahon was accused of trying to "attack and rape" a woman at a tanning salon in Boca Raton, Florida.
- McMahon and a former employee agreed to a nondisclosure agreement in regard to a sexual relationship. The 10 year employee was paid $1 million to remain quiet.
- McMahon and a WWE contractor signed an NDA for $1 million after he allegedly sent her unsolicited nude photos. He also allegedly sexually harassed her on the job.
- In 2022, emails were sent to the board from a friend of a paralegal that worked at WWE HQ. It was alleged that her salary was doubled from $100,000 to $200,000 while she was in a relationship with Vince McMahon and then she was given "like a toy" to John Laurinaitis. The email to the board read, "My friend was so scared so she quit after Vince McMahon and lawyer Jerry (McDevitt) paid her millions of dollars to shut up."
You can hear the Nick Khan clip by clicking below and click here for more from the interview.