NXT is full of great stars and at this point, things could be getting a little crowded at the Performance Center. But it looks like they’re about to make some room because Roderick Strong was announced last night as competing in the Cruiserweight Tournament to decide a new champion after Enzo Amore’s unceremonious exit.
New 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick (fka Rockstar Spud in Impact Wrestling) announced this week that there will be a tournament to determine who will be taking over the Cruiserweight Title which will culminate at WrestleMania. It looks like WWE is going all out in this tournament and using it as a way to introduce some new faces into the picture as well because Roderick Strong was announced for next week’s show against Hideo Itami.
Strong vs Itami could be a great match and it is certainly an interesting choice for an opening round pairing. But only time will tell how it will all play out. In the meantime, we have The Messiah of the Backbreaker’s 205 Live debut to look forward to next week.
By the look of things, Hideo Itami is certainly ready for Roderick Strong.
— Hideo Itami / 伊丹英雄 (@HideoItami) January 31, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Ronda Rousey and WWE went through a lot of trouble to keep her debut a secret
- SPOILER: WWE news on two more names expected to be inducted in the 2018 Hall Of Fame
- Hulk Hogan didn’t do himself any favors with Women’s Royal Rumble tweet
- Details on Rey Mysterio’s WWE return
- Why Jason Jordan didn’t wrestle much at the Royal Rumble