Most fans know by now that Brock Lesnar is likely done with WWE after WrestleMania 34 on Sunday night. That is the feeling in WWE and UFC President Dana White said on Wednesday that Lesnar will be fighting again. MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani confirmed that this was not just promoter talk from White and a deal is being finalized. This does not mean that Lesnar is done with WWE forever because he can always go back after a few MMA fights.
It appears that Sunday will be Paul Heyman's last day, unless WWE decides to utilize him in a different role. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that Ronda Rousey wants Heyman as her spokesperson but it likely won't happen because Rousey would need to be a heel and that is not what the company wants because it doesn't fit their big picture narrative for her. WWE would be crazy to not offer him a new deal.
Heyman is a babyface in the eyes of many fans but the company considers him a heel and they wouldn't want to pair up a heel with someone (Rousey) who they want to be the face of the company and women's empowerment.
For those of you that missed it, click here to hear Dana White's comments about Brock Lesnar's return to the UFC.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- PHOTO: Shawn Michaels has cut off his hair and fans are struggling to process this news
- WWE News on which match is scheduled to go on last at WrestleMania
- WWE star, unhappy with his push, reportedly asked to be released
- Michelle McCool lets fans know what The Undertaker was doing on the morning after Raw
- WWE news on possible tag team partners for Braun Strowman at WrestleMania