Connect with us

Photo Credit: WWE


WWE News

Plans for Kurt Angle’s WWE TV return have been scrapped

Plans for Kurt Angle’s return to WWE television have been scrapped.

Last week on “The Kurt Angle Show” podcast, the WWE Hall Of Famer said that WWE reached out to him and that he would be back on TV for the “next month or so.” It was not stated what he would have been doing on the show but he said that he was excited to see what was planned for him. Angle was backstage at the Royal Rumble in St. Louis last weekend.

On his latest podcast, Angle said that whatever WWE had planned for him has been scrapped. Angle also made it clear that he did not sign a contract and he was only going to be back for a short time.

“I went to the Royal Rumble,” Angle said. “The WWE wanted me to do a short program that they ended up canceling it at the last second. But we went to the Rumble [and] my wife and I, we saw Kim Orton my wife’s best friend. We had a great time. We went to the Rumble and I also did some documentary interviews a day before [and] a photo op with the fans. But I want to make it clear, I’m not signed with the WWE. They weren’t gonna sign me anyway. It was gonna be a three week program. It got canceled, but you know my obligation is to the show — the Kurt Angle show and that’s it.”

It was also noted on the podcast that the “Wives of Wrestling” podcast with Giovanna Angle and Kim Orton premieres this Monday. Angle said, “Yeah, you know what these women can talk and stories. it’s incredible. I was getting a little nervous when they did the first one.”

The latest episode of The Kurt Angle Show is up now at AdFreeShows.com.

If you use any portion of the quotes from this article please credit “The Kurt Angle Show on AdFreeShows.com” with a h/t to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription.


Got a news tip? Send us an email at newstips@wrestlingnews.co
Follow us on FacebookInstagram - Twitter





Comments
To Top