As we wrote about earlier this week, Cain Velasquez was scheduled to team up with Rey Mysterio at the WWE show in Mexico City on November 30th.
Velasquez has been taken off the card but he will still be making an appearance on the show. We previously wrote that reason why his match with Brock Lesnar was so short was because of his knee injury and he will need to get surgery soon. Dave Meltzer reports that is also the reason why he was pulled from the show in Mexico City.
WWE is now advertising the following matches for the show in Mexico City:
- Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz inside of a steel cage for the Universal Championship
- Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
- Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin
- Asuka and Kairi Sane vs. Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair for the Women’s Tag Team Titles
- Braun Strowman vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Sami Zayn in a handicap match
- AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens for the United States Championship
- Rey Mysterio and Humberto Carrillo vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
- The New Day vs. The Revival for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships
- Rusev Vs. Lashley
That is a pretty loaded line-up.
Velasquez told us that he signed a 3-year deal so you can expect to see him on a regular basis when he returns to action after his knee surgery. I was told that there are plans to do a longer Velasquez vs. Lesnar match at some point.
Here is the video of Cain Velasquez (with Rey Mysterio) confirming the length of his WWE contract: