For those of you that have asked about this, there is a good reason why WWE decided to have Hideo Itami make his debut in a tag team match alongside Finn Balor on Monday Night Raw. There is a feeling backstage that they need to do more to make the cruiserweights stand out more and to get people to care.
The 205 Live tour ticket sales have not been good so that is why Bray Wyatt vs. Matt Hardy was added to those shows. Also, they want to give the rub to some of the wrestlers in the cruiserweight division. The idea on Raw was that Balor would give a rub to Itami so that it would help make him more credible in the eyes of fans.
WWE wants to run more 205 Live non-televised shows after January so expect to see them do more things to try to “enhance” some of the cruiserweight stars. Rockstar Spud is another name expected to get a push when he makes his cruiserweight division debut.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: The first 5 members of the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame
- Vince McMahon apparently wants to bring back the XFL
- Enzo Amore says he is not removing the penis from his driver’s license (DL photo included)
- Former ECW star appeared on SmackDown Live this week
- Another departure at Impact Wrestling, top names could be on the way out soon