UPDATE: There’s another update and this one has to do with Owens reportedly yelling loudly on the WWE tour bus. Click here for more.
ORIGINAL: As noted earlier, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were sent home from the WWE European tour. A WWE source confirmed the story to us and we were told that it was because of unprofessional conduct.
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Zayn and Owens went against the creative direction given to them by the writers and that played a part in the decision to send them home.
Apparently, they were supposed to feed for The New Day after the Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston match but, instead, they decided to just leave the ring. Basically, after the match, they were supposed to attempt to run back in the ring and get fended off. That never happened and New Day just stood in the ring while waiting for them.
The Sheet also reported that they’ve been slightly difficult to deal with as of late and they seem unhappy backstage. As I said earlier, I find it interesting that both of them are not booked for Survivor Series.
Click here for the latest updates on the WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- How Vince McMahon reportedly felt about Chris Jericho competing at Wrestle Kingdom 12
- Things got awkward when Liv Morgan’s ex wrestled her current boyfriend
- Former Women’s Champion is ready to return to WWE for a match with Charlotte Flair
- Chris Jericho reveals why WWE declined his offer to use NXT talent on his cruise
- Tension between WWE and Chris Jericho?