On Wrestling Observer Live during a discussion about this week's episode of NXT and the impending changes to the overall product, Bryan Alvarez said that he has heard from people in WWE who are telling him that the new NXT will be produced by Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard.
Alvarez said, "Like anything, anything can change, anything is possible but I talked a while ago about how we're gonna have a new NXT. It's gonna be like the old NXT. I have heard from several people now that when they go back to live shows, this is going to be a Vince McMahon-Bruce Prichard production."
As previously noted, the plan is for a complete overhaul of the brand. Last Friday, they introduced a new logo with music provided by Wale. When they go live on September 14, fans will see a new Performance Center, and NXT is expected to have different lighting and colors because McMahon wanted to get away from the dark look. The other big change on the show will be with the talent. The plan is to sign younger talent and fewer names from the independent scene.
Alvarez said that people have speculated for years that McMahon had his fingerprints on the show but that was never the case but it will be the case going forward.