This is terrible timing as rumors started to really amp up about a possible WWE return for Rey Mysterio. Because he was reportedly injured during an indie wrestling event for Northeast Wrestling in Waterbury, Connecticut on Saturday night.
The Wrestling Observer website reports it all went down during a tag match with Flip Gordon against Joey Mercury and Caleb Konley. Mysterio is believed to have suffered a left bicep tear as many who saw him said there was a massive amount of swelling but official confirmation has yet to be released on the matter.
During the match, Mysterio apparently knew something was wrong and told Mercury who was ready to alter the finish but Rey Rey shifted the match’s momentum into a 6-1-9 and then he hit a top rope splash on Konley to pick up the win for his team.
We will keep you up to date on this story as more information is released but in the meantime, this might not be the best news for Mysterio’s hopeful WWE return.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WrestleMania could be losing a big match this year
- WWE news on if Roman Reigns is really in trouble for what he said on Raw about Brock Lesnar
- Sheamus shows off gnarly picture of his war wounds after Raw
- WATCH: The Miz wasn’t happy at all after Raw this week
- SPOILER: Asuka might not face Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania