Last week, Rey Mysterio lost to Andrade in two straight falls and he teased that he might be retiring.
In a follow-up, Mysterio tweeted that he is in St. Paul, Minnesota with his family. That is the city hosting tonight’s Monday Night Raw.
Mysterio said that WWE is allowing him some time on Raw to address everything he’s had on his mind in the last couple of weeks.
We don’t know what Mysterio will say but it seems unlikely that he will retire. In fact, the company is hoping to have his son Dominick ready to wrestle by 2020 so this could be the start of something with his son or something to continue the angle with Andrade.
However, and for what it’s worth, the official WWE.com preview is teasing that Mysterio might announce his retirement tonight.
We’ll find out soon when Raw goes on the air on the USA Network.
Here is Mysterio’s tweet:
So I’ve come to St. Paul, MN with my family. @WWE is allowing me some time on #Raw to address everything on my mind for the last couple of weeks. I hope you’ll all join and support me as you’ve done over these years. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/kZWLvyh3rX
— ♛Rey Mysterio❔ (@reymysterio) August 19, 2019
Also scheduled for tonight:
– Braun Strowman will challenge AJ Styles for the United States Championship.
– The Kings Court: Jerry Lawler will have Sasha Banks on as his guest.
– King Of The Ring first-round match: Cedric Alexander vs. Sami Zayn
– King Of The Ring first-round match: Cesaro vs. Samoa Joe
– Elias will give his final musical performance as his 24/7 title reign continues