WWE has confirmed that Roman Reigns is not cleared from his illness and will not be appearing on the upcoming European tour. WWE was already planning ahead on Friday when they announced that Triple H would be wrestling on the tour. Reigns was not mentioned but it’s clear that Triple H was added as a replacement.
The original plans for the tour had The Shield facing The Miz, Sheamus, and Cesaro. That has been changed to Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose against Sheamus and Cesaro with the tag team titles at stake. Reigns should be back by the 11/13 show in Atlanta and he will likely be a part of the Survivor Series pay-per-view.
Also, as noted before, Bray Wyatt has been cleared and will be part of the tour and Nia Jax is back. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported last week that the stories about her walking out and being unhappy over pay were false. The real reason why she was away was that she needed a break and she was dealing with back issues. The plan was always for her to return in time for the European tour.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Update on Roman Reigns, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair