The Road To WrestleMania is full of twists and turns and it looks like one more diversion into the rumor mill has resulted in yet another widespread report. But new information has now surfaced regarding Rey Mysterio’s talks with WWE which are quite interesting.
As previously reported, there are reports from Justin Barrasso saying Rey Mysterio was backstage at SmackDown Live this week to discuss a possible WrestleMania match against John Cena. Now Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer website has confirmed that Mysterio was not actually at SmackDown Live this week and he was at home. PWInsider also reported that they were unable to confirm whether or not there was any legitimacy to the rumor that the plan could be a match between John Cena and Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania.
It was noted WWE and Mysterio are gearing up their negotiations and Triple H is the point person in those talks. But Mysterio wasn’t in Los Angeles for the Blue Brand’s show this week. He was at a SmackDown house show this week in San Diego but those two reports are unrelated. It would make sense that Mysterio was backstage on Monday night for the Smackdown live event since he lives in the area.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WrestleMania could be losing a big match this year
- WWE news on if Roman Reigns is really in trouble for what he said on Raw about Brock Lesnar
- Sheamus shows off gnarly picture of his war wounds after Raw
- WATCH: The Miz wasn’t happy at all after Raw this week
- SPOILER: Asuka might not face Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania