Connect with us

WWE News

Seth Rollins gave an ‘awkward’ speech at WWE talent meeting, wrestlers still unhappy about Saudi Arabia situation

As noted earlier, there was a talent meeting before Monday Night Raw to address the rumors about the flight delay in Saudi Arabia that caused wrestlers to miss Friday Night SmackDown. Vince McMahon and other members of management were at the meeting with the wrestlers.

Reddit user/insider ToyStorySix was the first person to write about the talent meeting and noted that talent relations discussed “speculation” by wrestlers on social media. Essentially, the blame was placed on the wrestlers for going on social media and referencing the issues in Saudi Arabia.

The wrestlers were told that the “mechanical issue” story was true. There was no talk about the argument between Vince McMahon and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salmon.

The Reddit insider also noted that Seth Rollins gave a speech and it was an attempt to unify the locker room. The speech was said to be “awkward” and Rollins encouraged everyone to keep their grievances and speculation off of social media. The feeling among some people was that Rollins was forced into a position that he was not comfortable with. Dave Meltzer later described it as a “rah-rah” type of speech from Rollins.

The talent was asked if they had any questions but there were none and the feeling among them is that the situation felt unresolved and many of them feel burned out.

On a related note, Cain Velasquez earned a lot of respect from the wrestlers. As previously noted, McMahon, his crew, Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Jimmy Hart were able to leave Saudi Arabia on private planes but Velasquez was one of the people stranded with most of the roster. He got along with everyone while in Saudi Arabia. I heard good things about him when he worked a couple of shows for AAA. Everyone I’ve talked to has said that Velasquez is someone who is easy to get along with.

WWE sent out a press release after the talent meeting to announce that their relationship with Saudi Arabia has been “expanded” to two major shows per year. The previous agreement only guaranteed one show per year. The timing of the press release is interesting and appears to be WWE’s attempt to squash the negative stories about what happened in Saudi Arabia.

Again, some wrestlers say they will leave when their contracts expire. Others say they have no plans to go to Saudi Arabia. We’ll see what happens in a few months when WWE runs another show in that country.

There’s been a ton of backstage news in the last few days. Click here to catch up on the latest on Saudi Arabia, Jordan Myles, Survivor Series, and more.






Comments

More in WWE News

To Top