Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sean Waltman recently appeared on The Kevin Gill Show, which is released every Monday. During the interview, they were asked about Shawn Michaels being a coach at the WWE Performance Center. We noted back in August that Michaels would be relocating to Orlando, FL to be a coach at the Performance Center due to Sara Amato and Adam Pearce moving up to the main roster and work as producers for both RAW and SmackDown Live brands. Michaels recently sold his ranch in Taylor County, TX so he could relocate.
Nash noted that Michaels had replaced Matt Bloom as the head trainer of the WWE training facility. “How many people, including the two guys to my left, know that the new Head of the WWE Performance Center is Shawn Michaels?” Nash asked. Hall noted that he knew that but Waltman couldn’t believe that Michaels would leave Texas and move to Florida.
Nash confirmed that Michaels was moving to Florida with his family and gave praise to Michaels for his wrestling psychology. “It’s going to be a game changer,” Nash said. He added that he doesn’t know what WWE is paying him to be a trainer but that it has to be a lot for him to do a 9-5 job. Waltman added that whatever they are paying him is a bargain.
Other topics discussed on the podcast include:
- Their first memories of meeting up
- The longevity of their friendship
- Hulk Hogan
- The split of the nWo into Wolfpack
- The origins of FOR LIFE
- Bullet Club and Young Bucks using Too Sweet
- Thoughts on Enzo/Big Cass, Apollo Crews, Big E, Shawn Michaels and Curt Hennig
- Comic books: Marvel versus DC
- Accidents on the road
- Being sued by WWF
- Whether DX or nWo more influential on the business
- Cody Hall
- Their appearance at Wrestlemania 31
- The criteria for being a member of the nWo
- The original plans for the nWo
You can listen to the full episode here.