At Thursday night’s NXT TV tapings, Nikki Cross won a battle royal to earn the final spot in the Fatal 4-Way match that will determine who will be the next NXT Women’s Champion at NXT Takeover: Houston. After the match, all four challengers came out to be in a photo with NXT GM William Regal.
So, it’s official: Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce vs. Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross will determine the new champ at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX on 11/18.
I should note that Mae Young Classic competitors Mercedes Martinez, Santana Garrett, and Candice LeRae were in the battle royal. We don’t know if they are signed but those were some of the fan favorites in the tournament so I would not be surprised if they were offered contracts. Later in the tapings, Cross wrestled Taynara Conti. I do believe that Conti is signed.
Click here for complete results from the tapings.
There’s a ton of breaking news within the last 24 hours. Catch up now by clicking below:
- Major spoiler on what WWE is planning for Sister Abigail at the TLC PPV
- Reason why WWE has been booking Enzo Amore at the end of Raw
- Online ad indicates that a top WWE star is moving to Raw
- Is Bayley turning heel soon?
- Leaked poster confirms big storyline plans