The NXT TV tapings went on a day late in Orlando because of Hurricane Irma but Full Sail finally opened up on Thursday and we have some news from the tapings.
Former NXT star Lio Rush made his debut at the tapings and was supposed to face Aleister Black. However, he was attacked by the Velveteen Dream. Later that night, Dream defeated Rush in a singles match. Although it had been known for some time that Rush was heading to WWE, the 22-year old officially signed his contract last month.
He made news a few weeks ago at a CZW show when he no-sold an insane powerbomb spot off a ladder. Rush is a former CZW World and Wired Champion and he’s wrestled for promotions such as MCW and House of Glory.
We will have complete spoilers up on the site later.
Here are some more trending stories from the past couple of days:
- WWE star possibly injured in Hawaii
- The secret to Vince McMahon’s forehead cut may have been revealed
- Dana Warrior has something to say to Dolph Ziggler
- Another real-life WWE romance appears to have begun
- WWE NXT’s newest stars get a stable name