It looks like a former ROH Champion will be making his debut this weekend in Brooklyn. As reported many months ago by Dave Meltzer, Adam Cole has been expected to be WWE-bound for some time and now that he’s signed a deal with the company, the speculation has been that he would make his first WWE appearance at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Cole was spotted at an airport with the NXT crew heading to New York City so it’s a safe bet that he will be at the show in some form or fashion, probably in the crowd like they’ve done in the past with other new signees like Bobby Roode and Drew McIntyre.
Takeover would be the best show to debut him since most of the fans will know who he is and he’ll get a great reaction.
There’s been a ton of news in the last 48 hours. Click on the links below if you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories:
- Get all the updates about Ric Flair’s current health situation here
- Former Intercontinental Champion signs deal to return to WWE
- In addition to Chris Benoit, someone else is now being erased from WWE history
- PHOTOS: Eva Marie busts out of WWE…and her All Red Everything bikini
- Daniel Bryan wrestling again