For whatever it’s worth, Baron Corbin is listed as the United States Champion on upcoming Smackdown Live shows that are taking place at the end of this month and in January. On some shows, Corbin is listed as defending the United States Championship against Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler.
As usual, the card can change but Ziggler’s absence from WWE television is storyline related and it has nothing to do with an injury. In other words, the tournament to crown a new United States Champion is something that was planned in advance so they had time to change the advertisements if they wanted to.
We’ll see what happens but, at the very least, the ads suggest that Corbin, Ziggler, and Roode will be in the U.S. title picture when the tournament is done.
FYI, we’ve gotten a ton of emails asking if Ziggler really quit WWE. So for those of you that have asked about Ziggler, click here to read more on his status.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Big main event announced for WWE Fastlane
- Baron Corbin fires back at fan that made fun of his hairline and physique
- Top WWE star will be taking time away from wrestling
- SPOILER: Update on The Undertaker’s status with WWE and it looks like good news
- Sting and Hulk Hogan to reunite next month