At SummerSlam, we got the first clue on plans for the WrestleMania 34 main event when Brock Lesnar pinned Roman Reigns in the Fatal 4-Way match to retain the Universal Championship.
On Tuesday’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that the current plan is now for Roman Reigns to face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, presumably for the Universal Championship. That was the original plan a few months ago but then Vince McMahon felt that he had a better idea and then scrapped the match but now we’re back to Lesnar vs. Reigns at Mania.
For a while, it seemed like the back and forth on social media between John Cena and Reigns was the start of a feud to lead to a Mania match but that apparently is not the case and it looks like the match will happen soon, perhaps at the No Mercy pay-per-view.
Lesnar will defend the title against Strowman at No Mercy so unless they plan on giving Strowman a short title reign, it looks like Lesnar will hold onto the title until his match with Reigns at Mania.
Catch up on some of the big stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- The latest updates on Ric Flair
- WWE Superstars upset with the Raw Brooklyn crowd but John Cena encourages them to have fun
- WATCH: Paul Heyman gives emotional speech at Jim Ross’ RINGSIDE show
- Do Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss really hate each other in real life?
- Baron Corbin responds to haters on social media, is he being punished by Vince McMahon?