WWE taped tonight's episode on SmackDown Live on Saturday night. It was a noteworthy show with the WWE Championship match for the Royal Rumble being made official. There was also a big segment with John Cena and Becky Lynch.
Continue reading if you want to read spoilers on what will air tonight:
The New Day kicked off the show. They declared themselves as entrants for the Royal Rumble match. They also took a shot at Brock Lesnar.
As you can see below, a Fatal 5-Way was announced for the main event.
- Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Hardy via submission. Joe will advance to the Fatal 5-way set for later tonight. The winner of the Fatal 5-Way will challenge for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble PPV.
- Rusev celebrated his recent United States Championship victory but he was attacked by Shinsuke Nakamura.
- Sonya Deville defeated Naomi thanks to a distraction from Mandy Rose. Rose showed a photo of herself in a towel and said that she sent it to Naomi's husband Jimmy Uso.
- John Cena walked out to the ring for an in-ring promo but he was interrupted by Becky Lynch. Lynch said that she is the man now and she has replaced Cena. Zelina Vega and Andrade "Cien" Almas interrupted and a match was made.
- Becky Lynch and John Cena defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega. The finish was Lynch tossing Cena out of the ring and then forcing Vega to tap out to the Disarmher. Cena went to shake Lynch's hand after the match but Lynch mocked him with the "You Can't See Me" gesture.
- There was a backstage segment with The Miz and Shane McMahon talking about how they should dress now that they are a team.
- There was a backstage segment with the women arguing about who deserves to challenge Asuka for the SmackDown Women's Championship at the Royal Rumble. Triple H said he would figure it out.
- Fatal 5-Way match to determine the number 1 contender for the WWE Championship. It was AJ Styles vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Randy Orton vs. Samoa Joe. Styles won by pinning Orton. It will be Styles vs. Daniel Bryan at the Royal Rumble.