Rich Swann is no longer being detained, according to the Alachua County Jail website in Gainesville, FL. His case has been assigned to a judge.
Obviously, things are not looking good for his WWE career. He is already suspended but the chances are that he will not be back. Obviously, WWE is not happy about what happened but things were made worse for him when the Associated Press and other national mainstream media outlets picked up on the story.
Swann could be facing 5 years jail time if he is convicted of a third-degree felony. Typically, in these types of cases, the defendant will plead guilty and get a lighter sentence and/or parole so we’ll see what happens in court. Either way, the belief in WWE is that he won’t be back.
We will pass along more details as we get them. Click here for the latest on Rich Swann.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star indefinitely suspended
- Could we finally see CM Punk in a wrestling ring in 2018?
- Wrestler charged in murder of his girlfriend
- Hurricane Helms’ savage response to porn star Mia Khalifa after her comments about WWE
- Big news on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring WWE return